Thursday, April 28, 2005

Beer makes me smrt... i mean smart

Fresh from another battering by health advocates who claim that beer causes you to drive badly and enjoy listening to old Michael Jackson songs comes news that in fact beer makes you smarter. Supposedly consuming a moderate amount of alcohol can help the formation of new nerve cells in the brain! What's got me worried is the word "moderate" and the fact that the experiment was done on mice. I mean really how can you tell if a mouse is getting smarter. The following is a reenactment of what occurred in the lab.

Scientist 1 "Look he found the cheese in 3 seconds this time"
Scientist 2 "Maybe he was just hungrier"
Scientist 1 "Nah it was that beer we gave him earlier"
Scientist 2 "He seems much brighter, I guess"
Scientist 1 "See, told you must've been the beer"
Scientist 2 "I guess, although he does have a much greater desire for kebabs now"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home