Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Planes with freaking lasers

Some people have been complaining that this blog has become too military centric. That all I'm interested in is the most ridiculous technology that can be produced for military purposes. That rather than finding cute little videos of baby elephants frolicking I instead talk about planes and guns and stuff. Well I have three responses to that:

1. A large proportion of technological innovation is driven by the defence forces, therefore a lot of cool new tools and gadgets are initially going to be developed for military use. This blog is somewhat about cool new stuff and is therefore inherently going to include some military items.
2. I'm trying to take over the world here and my feeble monkey army is failing miserably. Therefore they'll need the best possible armament and protection to have any chance in the upcoming war against the undead. Thus I must scour the internet for cool weapons and armour etc.
3. Purple monkey dishwasher.

So in the continuing vein of world domination I came upon this fine article about laser planes. Forget starwars, because these things aren't in space yet, but what they are doing is fitting large lasers to planes to provide the ultimate in selective destruction. I'm fitting 18 to one helicopter just to see how much damage I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home